Business Advisors to Finance Executives, Private Equity and Venture Capital Investors and Audit Committees (Board)
1. Assist with structuring transactions to accomplish objectives. 2. Advise on accounting and reporting implications of business transactions. 3. Provide practical solutions focused around value creation and operational feasibility. 4. Advise on SEC rules and regulations, new accounting standards, and hot topics. 5. Advise on restatements, corrections of errors and changes in estimates.
Financial Statements, Audit Support and SEC reporting
1. Audit preparation and support throughout the external audit process. 2. Financial statement preparation, including 10Ks,10Qs and public filings. 3. IFRS to US GAAP (and vice versa) conversions. 4. SEC pre-clearance letters, adoption of new accounting standards including revenue, leasing and expected credit losses.
IPO and SPAC Readiness
1. Accounting roadmap, planning and management. 2. Financial statement and MD&A preparation. 3. Audit support, including PCAOB uplift procedures to SEC compliant financial statements. 4. Quarterly SAS 100 financial statements. 5. SEC comment letter response preparation.
1. Business and asset acquisitions. 2. Purchase price allocation and contingent consideration. 3. Day One accounting. 4. Reverse mergers, spin-offs, carve-outs. 5. SEC reporting requirements including pro-forma financial statements.
1. Implementation of ASC 606. 2. Revenue recognition policy. 3. Transaction-level revenue and deferred revenue subledgers. 4. Warranty accounting.
Equity and Liability Instruments
1. Regular and convertible debt and bridge loans. 2. Convertible and redeemable preferred stock. 3. Warrants, embedded derivatives, and other complex instruments. 4. Investments in dept and equity instruments. 5. Derivatives and hedging.
Stock Based Compensation
1. Policy, whitepaper, and sub-ledger calculations. 2. Service, performance and market awards, non-employee grants, and equity modifications. 3. Cheap stock consideration. 4. Implementation and validation of equity management system. 5. Employee stock purchase plan.
Industry-Specific Technical Memos and Calculations
1. Software, cloud and Internet (revenue, principal v. agent, software capitalization). 2. Life sciences (commercialization, collaborations, R&D costs, product financing). 3. Renewable energy (variable interest entities, leases, renewable energy credits). 4. EGaming (estimating life of game/gamer/virtual goods, principal v. agent).
Financial Statement Close
1. Reduce time to close. 2. Minimize errors in the close process. 3. Implement sustainable, consistent, and controlled close processes. 4. Enhance upstream and downstream reporting. 5. Design process to adhere to SEC reporting needs.
Internal Controls and SOX Compliance
1. Assess entity and control risks. 2. Evaluate the control environment. 3. Document processes, policies and controls. 4. Implement controls to meet SOX and COSO 2013 requirements.
1. Design processes that improve efficiency and controls. 2. Centralize information management. 3. Performance management and business intelligence. 4. Organization design.
Systems and IT
1. Evaluate and select new systems. 2. Project manage systems implementation. 3. Assess and improve internal proprietary systems. 4. Design IT controls that support Agile software development.
Business Advisers to Executives and Audit Committee
1. Share IPO best practices, strategies, trends and statistics. 2. Advise on accounting and reporting considerations. 3. Filing requirements (domestic, cross-border, Rule 3-05, pro forma, etc.). 4. SEC hot buttons and accounting developments. 5. Advise on process and organization transformation.
Filing a Registration Statement (S-1, F-1)
1. Assist with financial statements and footnotes. 2. Assist with MD&A and selected financial data. 3. Assistance with IPO project management. 4. Aim to minimize SEC comments and assist with responses. 5. Post-IPO support (10-K, 10-Q, technical accounting matters).
Completing Pre-IPO Periods’ Financial Information
1. Assist with technical accounting memos. 2. Assist with SEC-compliant interim information. 3. Address cheap stock and other fair value considerations. 4. Prepare EPS calculations and segment disclosures. 5. Support to completion most recent period(s) audit and interim reviews.
IPO Readiness Assessment and Improvements
1. IPO readiness assessment from an independent viewpoint. 2. Accelerate financial statement close to public company standard. 3. Financial statement certifications and compliance matters. 4. Implement SOX readiness.
We focus on helping you to do the right deals, at the right value. Connor Group plays a critical role by working closely with your team to identify and understand the risks and opportunities of each transaction through operationally-focused financial analyses, technical accounting assessments, and integration planning. Our acquisition services include the following: 1. Quality of Earnings Analysis. 2. Quality of Net Assets Analysis. 3. Working Capital Analysis. 4. Purchase Price Adjustment Assessment. 5. Financial Modeling Support. 6. Cash Flow Assessment. 7. Pro Forma Assistance. 8. Forecast Analysis. 9. Operational Data and Key Business Drivers Analysis.
Integration and Financial Operation Services
Acquisitions require considerable planning, resources, and effort — and when it comes to creating successful deals, integration is a key part of the equation.
Our deal team brings operation experience and business acumen to assist you as you capture value on your deals. Sample integration and financial operation services we provide include the following: 1. Opening Balance Sheet Preparation. 2. Post-Closing Negotiation Support (e.g. Purchase Price Adjustments or Disputes). 3. Strategic Planning and Analysis. 4. Financial Modeling and Fundraising Support. 5. Cash Flow Assessment. 6. Bolt-on Acquisitions. 7. Integration PMO.
When businesses or product lines are misaligned with your company’s financial and strategic goals, a divestiture can provide liquidity and opportunities. Divestitures require significant efforts to properly prepare for the sales process, minimize disruption, and maximize value. Connor Group participates throughout the process, from the preliminary assessment and planning to the data preparation and diligence. We team with your executives and bankers to tell a compelling and consistent story from the information memorandum to the data room and management meetings. Sample divestiture services include the following: 1. Sell-side Assistance (e.g. Quality of Earnings Analysis). 2. Dataroom Assistance. 3. Carve-Out Planning and Execution. 4. Stand-alone, Allocated, Stranded, and Shared Costs Assessment. 5. Transition Services Agreements Support. 6. Financial Modeling Support.
Financial Planning & Analysis Services
Across organizations, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) process has outgrown the transactional method of financial planning and cash flow management. An FP&A process is essential in the centralization, standardization, and automation of identifying business opportunities and risks. The diversity and extent of our experience has put us in a unique position to help clients develop the qualitative and quantitative tools needed to make their most complex business decisions. 1. Financial Modeling and Forecasting. 2. Strategic KPI Identification. 3. Dashboard Automation. 4. Cash Optimization. 5. FP&A Function Support. 6. 13-week Cash Flow Forecasting.
We provide support in the areas of:
1. Managed Outsourced Accounting. 2. Financial Statement Close Assistance. 3. External Audit Preparation. 4. Financial Statement Preparation/Review. 5. Standard Costing and Inventory Accounting. 6. Internal Audit. 7. General Ledger. 8. Payroll. 9. Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
Our Interim Staffing professionals collaborate
With your teams on accounting and finance projects during critical times. Our professionals assist your team and are additional resources in the event of a temporary shortage in resources, miscellaneous projects, or any other scenarios that leave you feeling short staffed. Together, we match you with a professional whose skills and expertise align with your needs and fit with your team, offering an alternative to hiring a full-time employee. Our team provides both short-term and long-term support in the following areas: 1. Period-end close assistance. 2. Accounting operations. 3. Account GL reconciliations. 4. Audit preparation and support. 5. SEC and other regulatory reporting. 6. Special projects (e.g., lease accounting support).